Sunday, June 12, 2011

...and two massages later!

Woke up at about 2am in a state of panic.  Awful dream.  I normally sleep pretty well, there have been a couple exceptions to this rule this week. And it's those hiccups that had me kinda concerned.  Looking over at my phone, I had a text... and that right there was soothing.  Hopped on fb trying not to think about the dream... Wished my friends a happy birthday, three of them.. did my social network thing.... went grabbed my stuffed dog, and my down comforter plugged in my CD player, and was set.  Fell right back to sleep, pretty peacefully actually, thankfully.  Woke back up a few hours later, and saw another text.  Makes me smile, thanks for checking on me.... *blush* 

Anyhow.... finally crawled out of bed a few hours later.... and decided it was time for some prayer and meditation... things have gotten a bit lax lately..... Needing some me time.  Time to get grounded get things straight.  Stressed out yesterday didn't help me feeling the anxiety..... better now.  I know I need to be patient.  And yowzers I have a tough time with that.

My meditation today was alchemy; transformation from one thing to another.  I saw an incredible affirmation... energy follows thought.  Transforming anger and fear into unconditional love.... just working with breath..... as simple as inhaling and exhaling bringing in the goodness and exhaling the negative.  The change is in the exchange.   Finding that  peaceful moment... that quiet inside. 

I've heard that prayer is you speaking to God, while meditation is HIS opportunity to answer.  You have to be still and you have to be quiet in order to hear the miracles take place, your prayers being answered. 

Powerfully fantastic stuff. 

Was writing poetry when I got  text from a friend asking about a massage.  Not in the mindset to work, too much physically and emotionally going on..... but....... hummmmmm.........


So I decided to follow up the ME day with a massage.  Invited a few, because goodness should be shared!   I have a free pass for a several more free sessions at the student clinic.  Like I needed an excuse? Well I wasn't really sure. It can be difficult for me to receive sometimes... I have mentioned it before though and am working on it. 


So I was texting another and said that I was headed out to get a massage... I got a great affirmation... "the healer getting healing...." *nods* HECK YEA!  With that I was more than on board.

My heart was in the right place! LOVE THAT. 

I was in need of financial support for my endeavors (gas money).... and I was collecting from a previous massage.  Sweet how things just "work out".  God is always at work, just can't put your agenda in front of his!   There is no other way to say that because.... I couldn't get a hold of her and she wasn't home... when I showed up at her house.  I was frustrated, and mostly stranded..... but, well, if it's supposed to happen, somehow it will.  She drives right around the corner at that moment!  WOW, right?  Her phone was in her house so she had no way of knowing I was trying to reach her.  HA.... yea.  Okay message received Big Man Upstairs... be patient. 

So off to the clinic we go.  Meeting up.  One free session later, and another on the house (my friend) only had to punch the card once.  YES!  I ask her how she feels after the first massage... things look a bit slow in the clinic.  She says alright, I said wanna go again?  YUP!  Like I had to ask.  Ha.  So back we go, for our second session.. YEA, whatever, I said two massages!

Since it's the clinic and I really want to give feedback, that's always my goal, to be wonderfully inspiring to the student practitioner.  I want to make them smile, trying hard to give at least one point of constructive feedback, but for every one smothering it with goodness too, at least three to one ratio... So one constructive, means 3 fantastic compliments, sincere compliments, but compliments.  I don't wanna destroy dreams but I don't wanna not give feedback.  Both are important.  They are students and well look for that feedback from a former student.  It's why we have the punch cards for the free sessions to begin with! 

First session.. WOW.  Incredible intuition.... she knew just where I was hurting!  And I didn't say anything, I told her to just do her thing.  I came out worked over and nauseous/headachy... it happens, part of the detox, I wasn't very well hydrated and there was a ton of "projects" she worked on ("projects" has a better connotation, a project can be fixed, it can be worked on, an "issue" will always be an "issue").  I love trying to figure out what the hell the massage therapist is doing while I am on the table.  HAHA.  Steal moves, or what not it's what we all do as therapists, there is always something to "take away" from the session.  She had some incredible things and I complimented her on the under body work, great stuff. 

Second session.... EPIC fail, Mari.  I was really trying to stay awake.  NOPE.  Crashed.  Now understand, I have no problem when someone falls asleep on me, I think its wonderfully sweet.  Quite an honor to have someone relax enough to do so.   And if I am getting a professional session, I usually do crash at some point.  Still try to stay awake to remember those moves, haha!   But this is a student who is wanting feedback.  SMH.  She started on trigger point work on my back.  HOLY COW.  My back was on fire.  There were a million of those little nasty buggers.  Somehow in the middle of it I crashed.  Woke up with her draping my legs but still out.  She has a healer's touch, and that was what I needed. I did have feedback for her, no worries.  Just not quite the quality stuff I am used to giving.

My friend was mush.... Fantastic... Had to practically roll her into her car.  Good sessions!  The cost to us outta pocket?  Gas money to the clinic... that's all... and a few hours of our time.  That has got to be a triple-word-score worthy! 

Came home starving... Wow, something I haven't been in a while.  So yup ate and hydrated.  Looking forward to good great week.  Lots of stuff to do.  Kiddos to hang out with.  Stoked. 
The bad dream was just that.... they happen... I am comforted to know that I am in the midst of some wonderful individuals that love and support me.  Those same individuals encourage me to be me.  Incredibly blessed and wonderfully grateful!  With an open heart I proceed!