Well it was to give my pep talks to myself and others... To witness my growth as a personally and professionally... To document all the Mari-isms that come out. Sometimes great bits of genius are stuck in my goofy sayings. Sometimes it's just goofiness, but it makes someone smile!
I gave my pseudo plunger to the 13yr other day. What? I know I don't have any kids of my own... I have a tendency to just adopt my friends kiddos. So I met this incredible 13yr old a few months ago, fell in love with her wit. She is incredible, spunky... And holy crap, she didn't hesitate to tell me what she thought of a certain personal circumstance! Atta girl. That takes cajones, to call me out. I LIKE it! Haha. Well my friend went back home but I connected his daughter via FB. She is so amazing. Love her positive energy!
Well, I was out one night and she said on her status (that I get via texts), that "he makes her smile". I responded that makes two of us! A couple hrs later she posted she would never be good enough. OH heck no! No one gets to make her feel like that. I replied with nope, you are BETTER. Always will be. She messaged me to tell me about this goober. Who isn't worth her time, how he is always leading her on and then she gets invested only to have him dump her. UGH. I hate games. But I know that she is 13. So I give her a pep talk tell her he isn't worth her time, she will be going to high school and there will be bigger and better fish out there.
Couple days later she posts that her heart hurts. I asked her if it was indigestion? lol. She says no. I said he doesn't deserve you.... he is poop! Yup I stated it out there for everyone to see. And I said what do you do with poop? YOU FLUSH IT. She said that it just hurt.... what he was doing. I said so you take a laxative and then flush it! lol. That has been the ongoing joke. Crude I know, but its a good analogy... one that we can all understand.
About three days ago, she made mention of the poop again.. :( I understand this from her side, but I also get that she has to get over it. She said the poop came back, funny though, but not funny situation. I told her she could have my plunger. That seemed to lift her spirits.
This is some interesting stuff. Because this was very much me at her age. Wow, what I would give to have someone tell me that I was worth more than being torn apart like that.
Putting together my poetry for the portfolio... I had to go back to sites I didn't want to. But it afforded me the opportunity, yup I am gonna put a positive spin on it, is a learning opportunity to see how far I have come, how much I have grown and evolved. SWEET. I KNOW I am worthy of love. I was almost in tears seeing me say that I didn't think I was worthy of such an emotion! HOLY CRAP. Oh hell no! I am. I bring a lot with me talent, a fantastic attitude, motivation, and a cute little container (hehe, why not? it's MY blog for cryin' out loud, but I did just make myself blush). I have a lot of love to give. Not sticking my head in the sand; in a much healthier place and ready to take on the world.
I trust the process of life.. Know that I have incredible people around me who love and support me. Who won't let me fall. Everything happens for a reason. I am stronger and lessons have been learned. No failures around this part, not ever.
With that grateful heart I proceed.