Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Several (Small) Victories.

Had a lot of irons in the fire today.  It was supposed to be Mom's day (May 10th is Mexican Mother's Day, always the same day, Dia de Los Madres).  As a kiddo we always made sure to observe it, and do something, kinda tradition.  So today we hung out.  LOL.  She has me cracking up all the time.  Feisty woman.  Guess this apple didn't fall far from that tree!  Couple weeks ago Gil, my cousin's cousin, was complaining about spicy mexican food, he lives somewhere its non-existent.  Oh remember that one very well.  Dang.  So I told him I would hook him up in a couple weeks.  Making spicy salsa, sweet.  Great idea to hang with Mom, in the kitchen.

 I love cooking.  Maybe I shoulda started there.  I am a curvy girl and didn't get that way by not eating!  Happy chef, always.  Last night's dinner sweet and sour pork.  Do I use an recipe?  Not normally.  I rocked it out, it was a spontaneous decision.  And the sauce was homemade, or well 75% lol.  This morning brought the salsa making out.  FUN!  Mom and her food processor.  I was just chopping stuff by hand, so it had a good mix, of stuff.  I can't tell you how many things went into it, I can tell you there is the "mild" and the "spicy" version.  Don't let that fool you.  Mom was coughing on the mild one; the spicy one burnt my taste buds.

So two small victories.

Following through with my decisions I made yesterday. Check and check... Oh and the positive affirmations were posted this morning.  Great feedback.

Two more victories.

Eight pages written.  I have editing to do tomorrow.  Quite a bit of it, but it will be with worth it in the end.  Four poems, sweet, just came out, didn't have to fight it... in reality was rushing to find paper, almost didn't catch all of the words.  Oh and the email sent out to the non profit about volunteering my massage hours.  I hope that it works, one of the founders has mentioned the idea before, so its not totally out of left field.  Time will tell.   I got some back up plans though.

Three more victories.

I have a few errands to run and an appointment to make.  Just wanted the update, I am on the right track.  Keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment