I have a bit of a break from the writing while things are being reviewed.... so why not blog? Two dreams one night! Neither connected wow, extremes of them both. I think my poor little subconcious is confused. Going to give more details on the first, the second is kinda my guilty pleasure. And I've experienced dreams vanishing if I talk to much about them.
Alright admittidly I am not an early bird... shhhh, laughing isn't nice! I am a night owl. Normally being awake before the sun, means I didn't go to bed. Haha. Yea, this morning I had one of those dreams... THOSE dreams. Yea, I have been told that not everyone dreams in color, though I don't understand. Now I don't always have spoken words in my dreams, or well, the full spectrum of sound and smell, taste... the whole sensory thing can be varied. I don't know how it works. I have had some very, very random dreams.
Actually starting out figuring out what the heck was going on with one of my "usual dreams" and then skipped around abit. I am still kinda confused about the first dream and why I went back to that location. The first dream woke me up but I was able to go back to sleep. I have written about the confusion of this dream before... Yea its the birthday party dream... OMG. Where did this show up from. Its all black and white, which isn't like me at all! And then the table with the gifts, wtf? And now there were anothers that I hadn't seen before. WOW. And that flower, that flower that I have seen in the context of that dream. Ah huh. Odd.
Backing up... the month before my 29th birthday, I started having a strange dream. As I mentioned I dream in color... The rest of the senses kinda change depending on the dream. Sometimes even the colors are more visual. It was pieces of the dream. All the same dream it was black and white! It would be different parts, getting a few min here or a few there... Sometimes I can go in and manipulate them (that's another conversation, learned how to do that as a child because my dreams are so vivid), but I had no luck doing that. It was a movie of sorts just unfolding. Okay, alright. So see how far we can push through. Started keeping my dream journal again, because of this strange dream that would be on and off again. The night of my birthday, I had the dream in its entirety. WOW.
Crazy dream. As I said I have written it before. All my family was in this room, there was a party going on at my aunt's house, my birthday party. We were all in the living room talking. Some surreal conversation. It still flips me out who was there and how they presented themselves. Yea, not getting into that, here, because I still have too many questions. There was a second part to the dream. A table of presents, gifts that had been brought by everyone at the party. I saw this throughout the night, but like a kid I was told not to peek. Haha. My fam knows me well. By the end of the night the table was over come with gifts, all shapes sizes, bags, boxes, wrapped... all different. Some from the size of a jewlery box to the three on the floor that were the size of a small fridge. This is the part of the dream that I visit most often. Not what was said, but the table itself! I was told, not audiably but told by the person who was walking me around, that the gift inside every box was the same. OMG. How could that be. She said, all different wrappings its the same gift, the presentation is the only difference. Again she got that puzzled look. She told me that they were all LOVE, and all in the same amount... O.o. WOW. Profound. I was told I could look at the boxs but no unwrapping, because that would be examining the gift, and that was never appropriate! Yea, so I will often go back to this table, and just when I think I have examined every gift, seen ever box, container, bag, touched the tissue paper... I find more. I know, geez, trying to keep it together writing over here. Funnier yet, there are always a few that I "see" without names... or discriptions, actually NONE of them have names, but they are obvious as to who they are from. Haha, its the personality with which they are wrapped, and the energy that goes into that. I often find some that I am just clueless as to the giver. Hummm. Only later to stop and say, wait. Okay. Its odd. The dream is in black and white, but the gifts aren't. I am not sure why. But I never question it.
Last night brought up 8 more gifts. Did I mention I have my favorite gifts on the table? The packages I am most drawn to. See so much of this mimics what is in my life already. My guide throughout the dream... is the same. I cannot always talk to her.... but well 70% of the time I can and she responds. I am not getting into those details either. I all sounds so hokey... expecially all together. It's not but I feel the disbelief all the time from others who I talk to it about. Its rather annoying because I want them to validate it. Point is I can do that on my own. I know it exists. Its my way of dealing with everyone in my life. Subconciously. There were a few I couldn't touch last night, and the frustration woke me up.
Back to sleep I went... COMPLETELY different dream, someone flipped the switch!
The second just set my muse on fire. Color, texture, taste, smell, feeling, yikes; sensory overload but in the best possible way! Some remote villa with a beach about a hundred feet away. The clean scent of the surf and the gentle breeze across bare skin, not to mention the fact that the villa was open on three sides, so you could enjoy the views. Gorgeous blue green water and white sand. The sound of a shower was so relaxing, and the bed was so inviting I remember turning over to go back to sleep. And wow, he was there. *giggle* Incredible. Fantastic dream. Seemed so real. Waking up ugh... well no recovering from that, so I got up and started writing.
INSPIRED!!!!! Laura gave me a worksheet yesterday and emailed me a set of questions to start things rolling, she has been in numberous creative writing classes... so it was game on. Matt wants my words. Haha. SMH. Something about how I'm in every character, he doesn't quite have it yet. Close, but he asked me to write. He said short story can be made into a part of it. Just keep on keeping on. Submitted my work so far. And in the couple hr break I have had, its been good. Only one revision, back to my email to work on. But my instructions are to step back for just a bit, before I open that email. He doesn't want frustration and he's afraid it may happen since I just wrote it. Ahhh, priceless to work with someone who gets you.
No comments:
Post a Comment